color: pale yellow
smell: fruity floral with hints
palate: taste is dry, complex and enjoyable
serving temperature: 8°-10° C
alcohol: 11% vol.
From the vineyard to the table
The family produces Zanotto Col Fondo for 30 years. With the current revival of this old technique, the increased demand for sparkling wine, as well as the number of bottles produced. In the production process is a period of 3 days of cooler and the bottle up to Easter. The production is around ten thousand bottles. Initially the customer Zanottto was only local, but now in addition to covering a large part of 'Italy also extends overseas, particularly in England.
Blinis With Tea Smoked Trout and Horseradish Sauce
Prep Time: 8 hours
Cook Time: 1 hour
About 30 blinis
Ingredients for The Blinis
- 400 gr. plain flour
- 500 ml. milk (warmed or room temperature)
- 4 free-range eggs
- 60 gr. white sugar
- 1tsp salt
- 120 ml. vegetable oil
- For Smoking The Fish
- 4 tbsp jasmine tea leaves
- 10 tbsp fragrant Thai Jasmine rice
- 1 kg rainbow cod (filleted)
- 3 tbsp demerara sugar
- Fish Marinade
- 5 tbsp prosecco (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Chopped Dill For Flavour
- Horseradish Sauce
- A bottle of Horseradish
- Creme Fraiche
- Finely Chopped Dill
1. Making the Blinis
2. Sift the flour and add to the milk, whisk
3. Add the eggs, sugar and salt to the mixture and keep whisking until smooth
4. Add the vegetable oil and stir.
5. Cover with cling film for 30 minutes at room temperature for the batter to prove
6. Get a large heavy bottom pan and oil it lightly with melted butter
7. When the pan is very hot and spoon 1 tbsp of the mixture onto the pan
8. This will take about 1 minute to cook If the pan is hot enough
9. Turn over and cook for another 15 seconds.
10. Place on a plate and put some butter on top to keep them soft and stop them from sticking together.
11. Marinade the Fish
12. Prosecco or wine (I've used the matching prosecco here)
13. In a bowl, place the washed fish and cover with the wine, herbs and seasoning. Leave for at least 4-5 hours or overnight.
14. To Smoke the fish
15. Use a large wok or a big roasting pan and line it with foil
16. Place the tea, rice and sugar on top of the foil
17. Place another piece of foil on top to cover the rice and tea mix.
18. Heat this up on top of the stove and it will start to smoke quite quickly.
19. Place the fish on top of the foil, drizzle with a little olive oil and seasoning
20. Cover the roasting tin with a secure lid or another piece of foil, making sure that it is secure.
21. Leave it on moderate heat over the heat for about 15-20 mins.
22. Turn off heat and leave to cool.
23. Flake the fish when ready to serve.
24. For the Horseradish Sauce
25. Mix 3 tbsp of horseradish with about 1tbsp chopped dill and leave in the fridge until needed
26. Putting it together
27. Place 1tbsp of fish on top of a blini
28. Spoon over some of the sauce
29. Sprinkle with more dill for decoration
Are you curious?
The word "colfondo", most often written all attached, is the Italian equivalent of the French "sur lie" on the lees. Theoretically, this Prosecco is not only to drink but can boast longer life.
- "Guia" 2011
colour: straw yellow smell: elegant bouquet with notes of wisteria and ...
- "Servo Suo Dry" Prosecco di Valdobbiadene Doc
color: pale straw yellow smell: pleasant and distinct palate: delicate, ...
- Franciacorta Brut
colour: soft yellow with green reflections. Perlage fine and persistent ...